Northbrook Community Nursery School is a non-profit, non-denominational nursery school that was founded in 1952 by a group of parents in the community. The School’s first location was Greenbriar School, where forty-five children were enrolled and two teachers were employed. The School then moved several times ~ in 1953 to the Christian Science Church, in 1955 to the Village Church, in 1975 to the Methodist Church, and in 1997 to the Christian Heritage Academy. The School moved to its current location at Mart Mariam, formerly St. Peter’s United Church of Christ in 1998. These facilities are rented by the pre-school.

At this point in the School’s history, there have been only five directors: May Veeck (1952 – 1981), Marion Harker (1981 – 1986), Glenn Dobbs (1986 – 1995), Micki Somerman, (1996-2008) and Gail Nemoy, our current director, who joined NCNS in 2008.